Welcome to Horn Academy PTO
Parents! We’re excited to host the 9-day Boosterthon Fun Run as this year’s fundraiser. We kick off the fun, healthy, and character-building program on Monday, October 6th. Plus, students will be learning five ways to make their community rock with Boosterthon’s character theme Rock’n Town Live, a music festival theme all about community. Along the way, students will gather pledges for how many laps they’ll run at the Boosterthon Fun Run event, which is on Thursday, October 16th. Your family is invited to come out and cheer on your student! Please help our school by connecting your student with sponsors. Thank you for your support! Click on the Boosterthon logo - for more information
DO'S & DON'TS FOR
2014-2015 SCHOOL YEAR
1. DO "Go with the Flow!" Traffic Flows Clockwise around Horn's Campus at 7:15-8:15 a.m. and 2:30-3:30 pm. At posted arrival/dismissal times, parts of Holly St., Ave. B and Pine Streets become one way only. Traffic Flow map can be found at here.
2. DO display your Carpool sign on your vehicle passenger visor; signs are mandatory if using the Carpool Lane when picking up your student. You can find a template at here
3. DO use Avenue B Gates for Walkers, Bikers, and Scooters - no vehicle drop offs. Please use the Carpool Lane to drop off student(s) from your vehicle. Ave. B Bus Pullout is for buses only.
4. DO "Walk your Wheels" on the Avenue B sidewalk, between Pine and Holly Streets, to/from the North Gate school entrance.
5. DO note Avenue B Dismissal Info.:
- Grades K-1 Walkers will be dismissed through Ave. B South Gate
- Grades 2-3 Walkers will be dismissed through Ave. B Center Gate
- Grades 4-5 Walkers will be dismissed through Ave. B North Gate
- Grades 1-5 Bikes and scooters will be dismissed through Ave. B North Gate
If it is raining:
- Grades K-2 Walkers will be dismissed through Ave. B South Gate
- Grades 3-5 Walkers will be dismissed through Ave. B North Gate
6. DO CROSS STREETS AT CROSSWALKS ONLY. DON'T ALLOW YOUR STUDENT TO JAYWALK, especially NOT IN FRONT OF MOVING VEHICLES!
7. DON'T park illegally on Holly Street! If your car is parked facing west on the south side of Holly, you may be ticketed for parking illegally/facing the wrong direction.
8. DON'T park your vehicle in HISD Bus Pullout area on Holly Street (front of school) after 2:00 p.m.
9. DON'T block intersections or crosswalks with your vehicle at:
- Carpool Lane Entrance and Exit
- Avenue B and Pine St. intersection
- Holly St. and Ave. B intersection
Pedestrians, bikers and scooters need to get to school safely too!
10. DON'T block the Carpool Lane entrance to let student(s) exit your vehicle. Pull into the Carpool Lane and allow your student to exit safely onto the sidewalk.
LET'S ALL GO WITH the FLOW and HAVE a SAFE 2014-2015 SCHOOL YEAR AT HORN!
Questions? Please refer to Traffic Policies and Campus Traffic Flow Map at Horn Traffic Plan